All Questions

If I have a problem voting because of a barrier related to my disability on Election Day, who should I contact?

The right to an equal opportunity to vote is protected under multiple federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you believe that you faced discrimination while attempting to vote, you can file a complaint with the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division by using this form.

You can also contact your state or territories Protection & Advocacy (P&A) agency. These federally funded agencies work to ensure the rights of individuals with disabilities in several areas including voting. Each P&A has a program, Protection & Advocacy for Voting Accessibility (PAVA), that is dedicated to ensuring people with disabilities have the opportunity to participate in voting. In addition to educating voters with disabilities about their rights, they can assist and represent individuals with disabilities in filing a complaint. You can locate your P&A at this link.



Would you like more information about the services we provide? Ask our technical assistance specialists.

Contact Us