All Questions

US Citizens in Foreign Universities

Q: I attend a college that is not based in the United States, but it has an office in New York. Are they required to follow the ADA and provide me with reasonable accommodations for school?

A: Colleges that are based and operate in countries other than the United States are not required to adhere to US laws like the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). However, the office in New York would need to follow ADA guidelines in areas such as accessible design and effective communication.


Would you like more information about the services we provide? Ask our technical assistance specialists.

Contact Us