ADA Amendments Act
The ADA Amendments Act, passed in 2008, amended the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to address concerns that had developed since the ADA became law in 1990. Congress had intended the ADA to be interpreted broadly, and with the ADAAA, it reaffirmed that intention. After the ADAAA took effect, the federal agencies that enforce the law issued new regulations, standards, and guidance that updated how the ADA is carried out.
Who Is Protected by the ADA?
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) protects the civil rights of people with disabilities, but...
A History of Discrimination and the ADA
Find out why civil rights laws are important for protecting people with disabilities from discrimina...
ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA)
The ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA) clarifies the meaning of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in...
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is an important civil rights law. It protects the rights o...
Related Laws Overview
To understand how US law relates to disability, it's important to be aware of more than just the ADA...
- How to Engage in ADA Conversations
I have learned that engaging in ADA conversations requires an intentional shift away from common mis...
- #Thanks to the ADA—New Jersey
- Compliance and beyond: Have Section 503 rule changes changed the playing field? by Hannah Rudstam
- Employee Can Proceed On ADA Claim That He Was Discriminated Against On Account Of Severe Obesity
02/15/2017- Mark Richardson worked for the Chicago Transit Authority as a Bus Operator from 1999 to 2012. He took an extended medical leave from work and attempted to return to his job in September 2010.&nb...
- Section 503, the ADA Amendments Act, and Disability Service Providers: Your role in supporting employers and people with disabilities
10/08/2014- Recent changes in disability laws and policies could lead to sweeping changes for individuals with disabilities in the workplace and other areas of life. New rules for Rehabilitation Act (RA) Se...
- Section 503, the ADA Amendments Act, and Disability Service Providers: Scenario Clinic
10/22/2014- Recent changes in disability laws and policies could lead to sweeping changes for individuals with disabilities in the workplace and other areas of life. New rules for Rehabilitation Act (...