Technical assistance (TA) is guidance and information on understanding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and how it applies to a particular situation. The ADA requires federal agencies that enforce the law to provide technical assistance to all sections of the public.
The ADA and Employers
This article explains essential employment-related terms and concepts in the Americans with Disabili...
About Advocacy Resources
How and why the Northeast ADA Center can help you find resources for disability rights, enforcement,...
How to File a Complaint
If you feel that the ADA, or a related law, is not being followed, you can file a complaint. This ar...
Health Care Providers and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act applies to many health care providers in the United States.
What Is the Americans with Disabilities Act?
The ADA defines disability and has five titles (sections) that forbid a wide range of discrimination...
- Employment Opportunity at Cornell Industrial and Labor Relations School. Yang-Tan Institute
- The ADA and Collective Bargaining Issues
- Historical concerns with H.R. 620, the ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017
- The ADA and Small Business Owners: What You (Really) Need to Know
- Housing Accessibility Conundrum: What do these technical assistance questions have in common?
Some housing-related disability rights are actually related to the Fair Housing Act (FHA), not the A...
- The Judicial Branch Signs an Agreement with the University of PR to Benefit People with Disabilities' Access to Justice
01/16/2019- The Presiding Judge of the Puerto Rico Supreme Court, the Hon. Maite D. Oronoz Rodriguez, has renewed an agreement for up to five years, together with the President of the University of Puerto Rico (U...
- A Note About Technical Assistance:
05/16/2018- The Northeast ADA will be conducting a staff retreat on Thursday May 31 and Friday June 1. During these two days, responses to technical assistance questions will be very limited. Please be patient an...
- Northeast ADA Center Holiday Closing
Season's Greetings from the Northeast ADA Center! Please note that our Cornell offices will be closed from 3:00pm ET Friday, December 23, 2016 until 8:30am ET Tuesday, January 3, 2017. ...
- Northeast ADA Center Holiday Closing During Holidays
12/18/2019- Season's Greetings from the Northeast ADA Center! Please note that our Cornell offices will be closed from 4:30pm ET Monday December 23, 2019 until 8:30am ET Tuesday, January 2, 2020. The Cornell base...
- Free Webinar- The Northeast ADA Year in Review 2019
12/18/2019- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm EasternPresenters: Joe Zesski, Program ManagerChris Sweet, Technical Assistant and Outreach Specialist Join the technical assistance team of the Nor...
- How Can we Help? The Impact of Technical Assistance
07/13/2016- The Northeast ADA Center’s technical assistance team provides one-on-one, on-demand ADA guidance to any stakeholder in the region, New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands....
- Accessibility Update: Difficult 2010 ADA Standards Technical Requirements
09/19/2013- On September 19 from 2 PM – 3:30 PM, The Northeast ADA Center is teaming up with United Spinal Association’s Accessibility Services program to host a free Americans with Disabilities Act (...
- Service Animal Scenarios
03/27/2019- Chris Sweet, Northeast ADA Technical Assistance and Outreach Specialist, will present Service Animal Scenarios. Service animals often appear in popular media as a topic of contention as airlines, sto...
- Northeast ADA Center Year in Review 2020
01/28/2021- While COVID-19 was certainly one of the largest stories of 2020, other ADA items of note happened as well. Join the technical assistance team of the Northeast ADA Center as they review the year 2020....
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Back to Basics
12/10/2014- Even though it's been nearly 25 years since the passing of the ADA, many of us are still often unsure or unclear about what the ADA covers, and who and what it applies to. This webinar will feat...
Snow Removal: For Business Owners
ADA: Title V - Miscellaneous Provisions
How People Contacted Us (in 2019)
Who Called in 2019
Most Asked for TA Topics (2019)